Sunday, August 23, 2009

John Provencher "Collective"

Heres John Provencher's part from our video "Collective" from 2008. John really improved with this video from our last one "Creatures of Habit" from 2007. There are a lot of tricks that stuck out to me in this part. We had a lot of fun making this video. I liked all of John's tricks on the bank at wedge. They really inspired me to learn that kind of stuff. I remember being really surprised at how easy he did the 5-0 to fakie on the merck banks.

I always liked the way he backtailed the wedge quarterpipe. Hes the only one I know who could slide them like that. I really liked John's boardslide pop out tricks. Me and him were always into that stuff. John's feeble to fakie and back smith on the barrier in philly were awesome. That spot was hard to skate cause theres no runway and you have to run through a busy street and jump on your board to get speed. John's kickflip bs smith was so sick. He had gotten close so many times and that day it just worked out. Jimmy landed his smith kickflip out the same day.

My favorite thing I filmed of John was his kickflip back tail line at wedge. I was filming Pat Owens doing a line and John asked if he could try something and he got the line first try! I had seen him come close to that trick before but to see him get it in a line like that was awesome. We were all really excited about that.



Check John's "Creatures Of Habit" part, Extra's part from our video "Collective" and a mini ramp clip we made on these links



5-0 to fakie. He made this look easy on a hard spot.


I could watch john do these all day.


John and Miz thought it would be a good idea if john rode the wheel over him haha.


He wore these sunglasses all the time haha



feeble to fakie. We went back to this a little while after cause he wanted to try and grind it got taken down. This was a hard to skate spot but really cool.



Fs Smith. These ledges are so griddy. this trick is really hard on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment