Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Alex Robinson "Collective"



It feels like we have been skating with chop for so long now but I guess its only been a little over a year. Chop is always a fun person to skate with. He always gets me excited to try something new. He is one of my favorite people to film too. There were so many times tricks chop did that I couldnt believe. Things that I had never even seen him try before he would get in a few tries. He is always down to try something really sketchy and he usually walks away without any injuries.

Chop would always have days where he would just get 4 tricks in a day. One day that really stands out to me was in the summer when Me and Jimmy were on family vacation in Ocean City, New Jersey and Chop was down at the same time. Chop found this spot where it was a skinny ledge with a rail right next to it. A lot like the Drexel one but way harder. Me and Jim couldnt skate it but Chop got a bs feeble and bs smith really easily. Then later on we were cruising around and I spotted this sketchy pole jam that chop ended up doing. Then chop spotted this rail with a barely any ride up. He slid it a couple times with a bs board and after a few tries he got it no problem.

One day that stood out to me was when we went to the swenksville flat spots in the woods. Chop was skating the top of this high bench. Chop did a bs crook on it before but I accidentally taped over it so we went back and he did the crook even better. Then he pulled a really nice bs smith out of nowhere.


Chop gettin some air off a wooden kicker at the swenksville flat spots. I miss that spot.

A few tricks that really surprised me were the kickflip back tail and the fs hurricane run on the metal edge ledge at wedgewood. Chop has just learned kickflip back tails at the boys and girls club the day before and just did it the next day on that ledge. The one day we were at wedge and I had to go to work so I told chop that he could try the line with the hurricane once but I had to go. The first time he tried the line he got it haha. We left right after.

The ollie over the perkasie rail was one of my favorite tricks. I really liked the way he did it. The boardslide on the rainbow rail thing in perkasie was crazy and really spur of the moment. It had really sketchy ride up and it was long and high. Chop is the only person I know who can bail on handrails and not get hurt. He stood up a few times on it after a few tries he got it perfect. Right after he landed two guys came out screaming at us. Perfect timing.

Chop always gets something at China Bump. I have a hard time skating this spot but he managed to get a trick there pretty everytime we went. We went there one day and chop did a quick bs pop shuvit over it. Then he started trying bs flip. I remember him saying something like dont make fun of me cause I cant really do this trick. Id never even seen him do it on the ground and within probably ten tries he got the biggest bs flip over it. That was pretty shocking. Chop was the first person I had seen skate china bump with the cart next to it. I remember the first time he put it there and did the crook, me and tyler were freaking out haha. He did it probably first or second try. Then when we went back he did a bs 5-0 and a bs lipslide. The backside lipslide looked so good.

Chop surprised himself when he landed the halfcab kickflip over the city hall 6 set haha. He had tried it for awhile another time we skated there and after a bunch of tries he got one that was perfect. He had the biggest smile on his face after he landed it. Chop thought the gap to 5050 in Lansdale was easy and really wanted to fs smith it but my friend jeff colombo got a big ticket there so we never went back. I was shocked at how he just went for it. I only know a few people who have done anything on there and chop made it look easy.

Overall I really like Chops part and his new part for our video "Framework" that were trying to finish sometime in 2010 is looking even better.



bs 5050 shellys ledge. This ledge is seriously so hard to do anything. Its a lot higher then it looks. Before chop did this I had only seen people do noseslides and boardslides. bs 5050 is sick. plus there is a chance you could fall backwards into the stairwell


5050 gap to rail


Half cab kickflip city hall 6


Boardslide hatfeild rail

No comments:

Post a Comment