Sunday, December 13, 2009

Billy Simpson "Collective"



My part from our video "Collective" 2008. I thought my brother did a really good job on the edit. Its short but I worked really hard trying to get some tricks to make a part. While we were filming I hurt my ankle pretty bad and couldnt skate for a while.

Their are a few tricks I was pretty proud of. I was pretty happy with the nollie shuv manny 180 out. I had just learned fs 180's out of manual and that manny pad at Kids of America is perfect for harder manual tricks. I thought Jimmy filmed it really well too.

The Taildrop off that metal railing doesnt look to hard but that bank is pretty steep and really rough. I would always pass it driving to wedge and one day me, Jimmy and John Provencher stopped in their to check it out. I took some falls and after a few times I got it. Right as we were driving out we saw a guy coming out of the building to kick us out. Thats always a good feeling haha.

I learned pole jams kind of late. Me, Vinni Prosseda and Mike Yandoli learned them together one day at wedge. The next day we came back to wedge and I filmed the pole jam fs 180 and vinni got a line with a regular pole jam. It was a really good feeling learning something new and getting it on film at the same time.

A couple new tricks for me were the bs 180 nosegrind and bs boardslide to switch 5-0. Pat Owens would do bs 180 nosegrinds so easy and I wanted to learn them. I was really excited I got one in my part, especially in a line. I always liked boardslide combo tricks like Kenny Reed and Paul Shier do. That day at the Ambler benches I was trying to come up with something and the boardslide switch 5-0 just kind of worked.

I was really happy with nosemanny 3 shuv and nosemanny bigspin. I always liked doing nosemanny 3 shuvs on the granite pad and it felt great to do it on something higher. I had tried the nosemanny bigspin a bunch of times so when I finally got it I didnt realize I was rolling away for a few seconds. Definitely a good feeling.

The Crook 3 shuv was the same way. I had done one at wedge on the metal edge ledge but my friend Kyle already filmed it on there. I landed one sketchy on the plastic bench at west broad and after a bunch of tries I got lucky and landed a good one. I was really surprised and I think Chop, Jimmy and Tyler were too haha. That was the best feeling trick.

I didnt really think my last trick was too difficult but I havent seen too many people do it. I always liked doing switch shuv reverts on the ground and that North Montco pad is the best one ive ever skated. I had done it on a the small manny pads at landis but I thought it would be cooler at North Montco. It felt really good when it worked out.

I dont have too many photos of myself skating cause im usually the one taking the photos.


skatin at china bump


Lipslide at Baldi


skatin at the checkerboard benches in ambler.


This was so hard to come back down the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment