Saturday, December 5, 2009

Jimmy Simpson "Collective"



My brother Jimmy's part from our video "Collective" 2008. I cant believe its been a year since we finished the video. Skating has always come pretty easy to jimmy. I always feel like im just catching up with tricks jimmy was doing two years before me haha. I really love this part. Jimmy did a great job editing it and I think the song choice was great. There are a lot of tricks that stick out to me in this part.

I love the way the back blunt on the bank at wedge turned out and the front tail on the merck banks was perfect. That spot is so hard to get the right angle and speed. The ollie from the high to low skinny ledge and kickflip off was so sick. I thought just ollieing it was awesome but he thought it was too easy so he threw the kickflip in there.

The day we filmed the noseblunt line he just learned them that day. He did it once perfect but I messed up the filming. I was pretty bumbed but he did it again even better. Jimmy always got good stuff at the Baldi banks. The back tail shuv and kickflip back tail were really surprising. I love the boardslide shuv on the aluminum benches. That was another random one that he learned that day and did it first try when we started filmin.

Jimmy's switch fs flip line at the now unskatetable flat spots in swenksville was the best line ive seen there, he made it look easy. Jimmy's ollie over the rail was so sick and it was pretty scary in person. The smith kickflip out looked amazing.

The last ollie was actually the oldest clip in the video. We had just premiered our video "Creatures of Habit" and left for Ocean City, New Jersey the next day for family vacation. We had always looked at that gap years before but there was always a car parked in the way. That day we saw there was no car there and we knew there probably wouldnt be another chance to skate it. He charged at it and got it after 4 tries. It was a really great way to start filming for the video.


Triples on the flatbar!


Old photo of jimmy skating in Telford. I could never time my ollie right on this bump, jim had no problems haha



This day Jimmy got so close to switch crooks bigspin out



Eating pizza on one of our philly trips last winter. That was a fun day.



feeble to fakie at china banks, which is no longer there.


At the dustbowls. Its a really fun spot but its one of the worst places to go on a hot day

No comments:

Post a Comment