Monday, September 7, 2009

Extra Tricks (August 31st - September 7th)

Monday we skate wedge. Joey Paone got real close to a back noseblunt on the big bank off the kicker we set up. John Kroesser got a sick noseblunt and switch bluntslide on it. He made it look so easy. Then we headed over to the Circuit city gap. Kevin Nguyen landed on front shuv like 5 or 6 times but didnt roll away. I give it to him for even trying that. Were gonna go back sometime.

check here for the attempts:
http://billysimpsonfocus17.blogspot.com/2009/09/extra-tricks-729-3009.html

Thursday we skated wedge. Chop, Mark Beids and Dustin did some sick tricks on the polejam. They set up the flat bar and did a bunch of sick combo grinds. Mark makes it look so easy. Justin let me use his sick fisheye lens so chop could film a nice line using the kicker and the little bank. Joey Christoffers got a massive kickflip off the kicker.

Friday I turned 21! Erik bought me my first legal beer. Thanks Erik! He also filmed a sick line on the manny pad and ledge.

Saturday me, jimmy, kevin pham and herb went down to the city. Jimmy showed us his apartment and we cruised around the city for a while. We found these c ledges that were pretty hard to skate. Jimmy got real close to a front board pop out trick. Then we skated to city hall. Kevin got really close to front 3 shuv over the 6 stair but didnt ride away. I give it to him for even landing on it. I dont get that trick at all.


Kevin needed some help getting on this thing so herb let him stand on his shoulders haha.


Herb probably organizing the next fight club match haha.


Jimmy sizin it up


Jimmy trying to front board and pop out over to regular on the other side. He got real close.


Herb caught me mid yawn.


Jimmy got a little tired

Sunday me and jim had a family birthday party so we skated wedge for a little in the morning. Collin Bauder came back from school for the weekend. Him and some people built a little nipple at wedge. Its really fun. Good work guys! Joey Christoffers and Collin killed it. Im pretty sure they got the first kickflips on the nipple. Overall a fun week of skating.

Monday was labor day so most places were closed. We started out at this 9 stair in souderton. I havent been there in a few years when my buddy ollied it. Chop stepped it up and 5050 the rail! it was pretty scary. The run up is bad and there is a wall at the bottom of the rail on the side that would mess me up. But after a few falls he did it real clean.

Then we went and checked out the physical theraphy bank in souderton. I forgot how sketchy that was. It so hard to skate. Then we went over to the grass gap to manny pad in telford. My brother jimmy killed that thing over the years. He got kickflip manny, fs 180 switch manny, ollie to nose manny and heelflip manny over it. Me and kevin pham skated it together. I got switch fs 180 manual and kevin got fs 180 manual. I took way longer to do my trick. Thanks for filming chop!

We checked out a couple other spots and then headed to the alderfer 2 stair ledge/manny pad in Harleysville. Chop landed on fs lipslide to manny shuv out but didnt roll away. Tyler fs lipslid the whole thing to fakie. After that we checked out another rail for chop to do at pilgrims pride. Im pretty sure tannor west feebled it a while back. Chop was testing it out but we got kicked out before anything could go down. Overall a fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment