Thursday, September 3, 2009

Vinni Prosseda and Kyle Schmidt


Vinni Prosseda crooked grind. Photo by Billy Simpson


Old photo of Vinni on the way home from philly.


Old photo of jimmy, vinni and John Provencher at wedge



Vinni filming his manny shuv at penns landing with Jimmy filming

All of Vinni's footage was from fall and winter 2008. Me and him would get out of school early at Montco and go straight to wedge. He kind of got out of skating once spring and summer came. A lot of that had to do with his knees bothering him. We had a lot of fun skating and filming this stuff. I remember we both learned pole jams the same day. The next day he filmed the line with the bs flip and I learned fs 180s out.

The day we went to Philly we met up with Vin a little later at the china banks. I remember he just learned boardslides on the quaterpipe at wedge and this was a perfect set up for it. He did it perfect but I missed the trick! I felt bad making him do it again haha. The crook shuv in ambler was a surprise trick. I dont think he had ever done it before and he landed like 3 that day. The bs flip on the bank at philly was sick. That thing is pretty hard to skate. The Penns landing manny shuv was really surprising. He got that first try when we started filming. I remember thinking I filmed it bad and he did it 3 more times haha. Sorry Vinni! Vinni said he wants to start coming out again so hopefully he will have some stuff in our new video coming soon.


Kyle always has something weird to show us. Here we were listening to this really weird ring tone he had haha.


Kyle at wedge years ago


Kyle's kickflip attempt at the dustbowls 3000. He landed on it a few times but didnt ride away. I still like the photo.

Kyle has always been the type where I would have to kind of persuade him into filming haha. I try to capture them as there going on but he usually does them off camera. I remember being surprised by the lipslide to nosegrind. That was really random. I like those kind of tricks. Also the tailslide on the up ledge. That spot is so hard to skate. I've never filmed anyone else land something on that. The run at wedge was awesome. I told him I had just learned crook 3 shuvs and that he should try it and he learned them that day.

Heres Vinni and Kyles part from our video "Collective" 2008. Filmed by Billy and Jimmy Simpson. Edited by Jimmy Simpson.

No comments:

Post a Comment