Monday, June 22, 2009

Jon Mervine

I looked up to Jon when I was little. He is a year older then me and he skated with Dan Ackerman and Jake Hoffman who were the best skaters in harleysville. They all lived in the same neighborhood and I remember being so intimidated to skate over there. Me, Jon and our group of friends probably hung out every day for a good two or three years. I dont know how many nights I spent in Jon's basement. Good times!

Jon would always change up what he was doing. When I met him he was real into skating. Then he got into biking and played in a band. He would get really into skiing in the winter haha. He was all over the place. I dont really see him much anymore but I know hes trying to get back into biking and that were gonna skate sometime soon.

Heres Jons part from our second video "Focus" from 2006. Mid way through the video Jon kind of got out of skating but I still like the tricks in his part. I know its a little gap but when he did that fs half cab heel over the quakertown gap, I remember being so siked because we both just learned that trick a couple days earlier



Heres Jons part from our first video "First Try" from 2004. Theres skating, some biking and even some skiing haha. Some of the footage in it is even older. Jon was always fun to skate with. He would always throw himself down something and try some trick down something that I had never seen him do on flatground haha. A lot of times it would work too.



This is a little biking edit my brother Jimmy made in 2004. You can see I was using our family video camera to film this stuff haha. The last rail that he tries is at Indian Valley in Harleysville. He was so hyped to try it and fell right into the bushes haha. That night we came back so he could try it again. You cant really see it but when he tried it he just stuck up at the top and hit his head pretty bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment